Abergavenny Cottage, NP7 9ER
The cottage is just 6 miles from Abergavenny and only 2.2 miles down the hillside to the main road.
The pub, The Goose and Cuckoo is full of character, steeped in local history and is also dog friendly. It is very popular and during the summer months it sometimes has music nights and real ale weekends. It recently featured in the TV show, Great Canal Journeys with Prunella Scales and Timothy West.
Sleeps 4 – 2 double rooms
The galley kitchen has an electric cooker, a microwave, a fridge-freezer and has the most glorious views down the valley.
The sitting room/dining room has a dining table and chairs, a pretty Welsh dresser and two sofas. There is a large feature wood burning stove with a good supply of logs.
TV with Freeview and a DVD player.
The bathroom is downstairs – with a bath and a shower over, hand basin and toilet.
Up a flight of wooden stairs to:
Bedroom 1: A bedroom with double bed
Bedroom 2: A bedroom with double bed – or can be two 2’6″ single beds
A very useful separate toilet on the landing between the two bedrooms.
* All electricity inclusive
* Oil central heating
* Wood for the wood burning stove
* All linen and towels inclusive (including kitchen linen)
* Indoor boot space and small drying room
* Ample parking
* TV with Freeview
* Travel cot, high chair and stair gate
* This is dog-friendly accommodation – up to three dogs welcome (downstairs only and not allowed on the furniture)
Please be aware the neighbours have geese, chickens and a couple of goats.