- Hill Cottage is a handsome former Victorian farmhouse, located in a residential area on the fringes of Haverfordwest, within a very short walk of pretty leafy lane, leading to the Racecourse, The Upper Racecourse now accommodates two cricket pitches, three football pitches, one and a quarter miles of all-weather walkways, many acres of woodland and many more acres of grassland on which people enjoy exercise at their free will and pleasure.
- The historic town of Haverfordwest, with its Norman castle overlooking the town, once visited by Oliver Cromwell offers many amenities including cafes, leisure centre, shops, riverside walk, cinema & pubs. Hill Cottage is within walking distance of The Belle View, a highly recommended eaterie and The Glen, family friendly pub offering traditional beers, all sports, pool table and restaurant, 10-15 mins walk away.
- Every aspect of this impressive property has been finished to the highest quality, from the impressive shuttered sash windows to the luxurious furniture and fittings, you will not fail to be impressed with this beautiful home.
- Enter through the 5 bar gate into a walled garden with mature trees and shrub borders. There is parking for at least 3 cars and a large lawn, provides a safe place for young ones and pets to play – the old boat planter is a wonderful feature.
- Open the original panelled entrance door into the elegant sitting room with deep buttoned leather furniture log burning stove heritage colour scheme – all perfectly in keeping with the period style, yet light and informal, it’s simply a delight!
- This sets the scene for all the rooms in the house, from the wonderful snug with log burning stove, to the luxury kitchen and dining room overlooking the outside terrace.
- Each of the bedrooms have been furnished with comfort in mind, from the crisp bed linen and soft throws to the calming blue and grey colour scheme, you will find it difficult to resist the temptation to stay in bed, longer than you intended.
- When you think the interior of the house cannot be topped, Hill Cottage has a surprise in the terrace garden area that sets it apart from other properties you may have seen. End your day in style, sipping a cocktail or two from your very own outdoor bar and barbecue lounge area. Reflect on your wonderful day and this perfect stay.
- The gem of the location means you are perfectly placed to explore the best that Pembrokeshire has to offer – Bluestone (9 miles), Oakwood (10 miles), Newgale Surfing Beach (8 miles), St.Davids Cathedral (11 miles), Stackpole Quay/Barafundel Bay (16 miles) and Folly Farm (16 miles).
LAYOUT & FURTHER INFORMATION
4 Bedrooms sleeping 7 (with 1 extra bed for child only). 1 Master bedroom with King-Size bed & en suite shower room, 1 Double, 1 Twin and 1 Single room with a truckle bed for 1-2, all on 1st floor.
Family bathroom with roll-top bath and separate shower, also on 1st floor.
Lounge Elegant sitting room, shuttered sash windows, 4 seat sofa, wing back & chesterfield chair, coffee table, log burning fire, digital radio.
Snug Cosy room, shuttered sash windows, 3 seater sofa, armchair, smart TV, X-Box, playstation and games, selection of DVD’s, board games and jigsaws, log burner.
Oak Stair From lounge with adjacent bookcase to spacious 1st Floor landing.
Kitchen/Diner Luxury fitted kitchen, fully equipped with gas hob range cooker, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, NutriBullet, farmhouse dining table seating 8, dresser.
Utility Room Smeg fridge-freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer.
Shower Room Shower, toilet, wash hand basin.
Grounds 5 bar front entrance gate, large pea-shingle parking area, raised border and steps down to large enclosed lawn area, mature shrub borders and trees, child’s football nets and ball. Storage shed and log store to the side of property. Path to rear courtyard garden with raised borders and all-year lawn.
Outside Bar Bar counter, patio, hot tub (£65 per week) and external seating, Bluetooth speaker, bar fridge, barbecue, lighting.
Security Deposit– Refundable deposit of £100 required per booking
HOT TUB – £65 per week
Short breaks – Welcomed throughout the Year, excluding Peak & Summer weeks. Minimum of a 4-night stay.
WiFi – Yes
Changeover – Saturday
Towels – Yes
Parking – Yes, ample
Fuel – Heating inclusive, plus 2 log burning stoves May – September. £30 p/w outside these date
Bed linen – Included as standard